Thank you for your interest in the Ambassador Program of the Blair Area Chamber of Commerce. This page contains important information on the Ambassador Program, such as the purpose of the committee, roles and responsibilities of an Ambassador and how to serve as an Official Chamber Ambassador.
What is an Ambassador?
An Ambassador is an official representative of the Chamber of Commerce, a front-line volunteer.
Who can serve as an Ambassador?
Any current Chamber member in good standing may serve as an Ambassador.
Why serve as an Ambassador?
Serving as an Ambassador allows you to become more involved in your business community. This results in increased networking opportunities, enhanced visibility of your business, and numerous opportunities to market and promote your products and services.
To encourage interaction and involvement of all Chamber members with special attention given to the welcoming of new members; to act as a public relations representative at Chamber functions.
The responsibilities of the Ambassador include participation in a variety of programs, projects and activities, including:
- Promotion of the value of Chamber membership within the community
- Active recruitment of new members and retention of existing members
- Regular attendance at Chamber functions including ribbon cuttings, chamber after hours events and annual events
- Support at Chamber functions as an official greeter, goodbye-host or crowd-host
- Yearly contact of membership to obtain updated contact information for Chamber database
- Assistance in the promotion of Chamber activities and events to the community
- Serving as a source of information on chamber programs, products, services and events
- Regular attendance of Chamber Ambassador meetings
Serving as an Ambassador provides you with a greater level of visibility and promotion than standard Chamber membership. As an Ambassador of the Chamber you will receive recognition throughout the year in a variety of different ways:
- Listing on the Ambassador page of the Chamber's website
- Introduction and recognition at Chamber events at which you volunteer
- Recognition at the Annual Chamber Banquet
- Official Blair Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassador name badge
Ambassador Chair: Claire Riley, Kicking Bird Gun Dogs
Alissa Goodman, Talbot & Truhlsen Law Offices
Becky Heller, Blair Chiropractic Centre
Blake Denton, Washington County Bank
Cheri Johansen, Two Rivers Bank
Christine Webster, Great Plains Communications
Dee Sylvis, Cargill
Emily Anderson, Great Plains Communications
Holly Cooley, Edward Jones, Don Sorenson Financial Advisor
Jane Ferneding, US Bank
Jane Van Horn, Camp Fontanelle
Jen Barrow, Two Rivers Bank
Jesse Cihal, PSC Construction, Inc.
Julie Carnicom, Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
Julie Hayes, Sign Dept
Maggie Smith, Cargill
Michaela Matzen, Cargill
Molly Dahlgren, Memorial Community Hostpital and Health System
Shannon Smithson, Blair Area Chamber of Commerce
Sheryl Brown, Home InsteadStefanie Osterhaus, Washington County Bank
Tara Cowley, Great Plains Communications
Tricia Ditto, Great Plains Communications