Thank you for your interest in the Ambassador Program of the Blair Area Chamber of Commerce. This page contains important information on the Ambassador Program, such as the purpose of the committee, roles and responsibilities of an Ambassador and how to serve as an Official Chamber Ambassador.
What is an Ambassador?
The primary mission of The Blair Area Chamber of Commerce’s Ambassadors program is the retention of existing Blair Area Chamber Members, enlistment of new members, and to serve as goodwill representatives of the chamber at a variety of functions. This energetic group helps maintain contact with other Chamber members while promoting the Blair Area Chamber of Commerce and its purpose. Ambassadors attend Chamber functions and serve as “meeters” and greeters at Chamber events such as Business After Hours, Coffee & Connections, ribbon cuttings and grand openings, and other Chamber events.
Who can serve as an Ambassador?
Interested Chamber members should be willing to become actively involved with various events and committees of the Chamber. Only with this kind of commitment can the group achieve its goals and maintain its standard of excellence and service to the Chamber. Your involvement as an Ambassador is a volunteer representing the Chamber to the business and professional community.
To encourage interaction and involvement of all Chamber members with special attention given to the welcoming of new members; to act as a public relations representative at Chamber functions.
The responsibilities of the Ambassador include participation in a variety of programs, projects and activities, including:
- Promotion of the value of Chamber membership within the community
- Active recruitment of new members and retention of existing members
- Regular attendance at Chamber functions including ribbon cuttings, chamber after hours events and annual events
- Support at Chamber functions as an official greeter, goodbye-host or crowd-host
- Yearly contact of membership to obtain updated contact information for Chamber database
- Assistance in the promotion of Chamber activities and events to the community
- Serving as a source of information on chamber programs, products, services and events
- Regular attendance of Chamber Ambassador meetings
Benefits of being a Chamber Ambassador:
- Develop new business contacts in the Blair Area while increasing the community-wide recognition for themselves and their companies
- Ambassadors learn new skills by working side by side with other talented professionals who work within the Blair Area
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
- Increased name and face recognition
- Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors and one-on-one contact with members
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Exclusive nametags identifying themselves as Chamber Ambassadors
Serving as an Ambassador provides you with a greater level of visibility and promotion than standard Chamber membership. As an Ambassador of the Chamber you will receive recognition throughout the year in a variety of different ways:
- Listing on the Ambassador page of the Chamber's website
- Introduction and recognition at Chamber events at which you volunteer
- Recognition at the Annual Chamber Banquet
- Official Blair Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassador name badge
Annual Chamber Golf Outing Fundraiser
Ambassador Chair: Claire Riley, ClaireCo, LLC.
Alissa Goodman, Talbot & Truhlsen Law Offices
Becky Heller, Blair Chiropractic Centre
Brenda Neiburg, River Country 97.3
Brian T. Brown, CFP, PlanVest
Casey Garrigan, Great Plains Communications, Inc.
Chadd Stackhouse, SAC Federal Credit Union
Cheri Johansen, Two Rivers Bank
Christian Jennings, American Broadband
Craig Heuton, Edward Jones - Financial Advisor
Dee Sylvis, Cargill
Emily Anderson, Great Plains Communications
Holly Cooley, Edward Jones, Don Sorenson Financial Advisor
Jane Ferneding, US Bank
Jane Van Horn, Camp Fontanelle
Jen Barrow, Two Rivers Bank
Julie Carnicom, Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
Julie Hayes, NP Dodge
Maggie Smith, Cargill
Michaela Matzen, Cargill
Molly Dahlgren, Memorial Community Hospital and Health System
Noelle Konsbruck, Corbion
Pam Adams, American Broadband
Richelle Johannes, Two Rivers Bank
Shannon Smithson, Blair Area Chamber of Commerce
Mary Atkinson, Home Instead Senior Care
Sondra Thompson, CBS / Carl Lorenzen PC, Inc.
Stefanie Osterhaus, Washington County Bank
Tara Cowley, Great Plains Communications