The basic function of the Foreman is to provide the necessary leadership to ensure that the projects he/she is assigned, are to be organized to insure the very best Customer Service, Quality Workmanship, and Timely Productivity.
· Communicate with sales managers and Superintendent by the use of blueprints, shop
drawings, documents and orally to allow effective organization of projects
· Communicate with owners, architects and general contractors about jobs in progress.
· Organize and schedule your roofing projects and repairs to be completed in a timely and
· Help schedule and prioritize sub-contractors as needed for your roofing projects and/or any
projects that are in process by McKinnis, Inc..
· Inspect completed projects to ensure that jobs have been handled in a professional manner
by the means of quality workmanship, safety and with customer service as our main priority.
· Prepare punch lists for inspected jobs and insure that punch lists are completed in a timely
matter and correctly.
· Train, establish and maintain your crew to achieve optimum customer service, quality
control, safety and profitable productivity.
· Check and maintain supplies and materials on your job, in a timely and effective manner,
required for the smooth operation of your roofing projects through the use of purchase
orders and inventory.
· Provide technical support to your crew working on your projects.
· Schedule upcoming roofing projects with the Superintendent.
· Maintain McKinnis Roofing Equipment, tools, trucks, yard, building, offices and any other
items used by McKinnis Roofing & Sheet Metal to allow us to maintain our primary functions
in a quality and professional manner.
· Participate in the annual update of the McKinnis Roofing & Sheet Metal Strategic Plan, and
see that sufficient progress is made each year in achieving the objectives in that Plan.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints, management reports, and technical
· Must be knowledgeable in establishing and implementing with his field team, the safety
guidelines that are established by McKinnis Roofing & Sheet Metal and the Occupational
Safety and Health Association (OSHA).
· Ability to set goals and objectives.
· Ability to think strategically.
· Ability to listen effectively.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to interact positively with staff, management, field people and customers.
· Ability to make decisions quickly and effectively.
· Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize.
· Ability to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
· Knowledge of the Company’s industry and competitive environment, and of trends impacting
· Knowledge of the procedures, processes, and capabilities of McKinnis Roofing & Sheet
· Ability to follow through on commitments.
· Must pass a pre-employment background check.
· The knowledge and understanding of all types of roofing applications that McKinnis Roofing
& Sheet Metal performs.
McKinnis Inc. offers a competitive compensation package. Salary & Benefit package will be discussed during interview.
The best part is working for a great company where your hard work is recognized and appreciated!
Apply in person at:
McKinnis Inc - 164 South 1st Street, Blair, NE 68008
McKinnis Inc - 13315 B Street, Omaha, NE 68144
Apply online at http://mckinnisinc.com/about/careers
Inquiries please call (402) 426-2644 Ext. 1035 – Kasey Scott, Human Resource Manager