This position is a frontline position which is responsible for providing members with accurate financial services and referring products and services that the Credit Union has to offer. Accurate knowledge of policies and procedures are required. This position has a significant impact on the organization’s success.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Control, maintain and secure cash drawer within established limits.
- Balance all daily transactions in an accurate and precise manner, including cash drawers; ensuring compliance with the Credit Union’s over/short policy.
- Interpret Credit Union policy/procedures for co-workers, members and employees to ensure quality service.
- Complete the Teller Training program including all required online and in-person training programs offered by the Credit Union.
- Practice and maintain a high awareness of member confidentiality, security, safety, and internal control procedures.
- Comply with rules and policies by exhibiting cooperation with coworkers, members and supervisors.
- Advise manager immediately of any major department/branch policy and procedure deviations and any significant member complaint.
- Promote internal sales campaigns to increase membership.
- Responsible for establishing relationships with members to cross sell and refer Credit Union products/services to meet the member’s financial needs.
- Process all financial transactions accurately (i.e. deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, advances, money orders, etc.).
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with CU Values, Mission, Vision, and Promise including presenting a professional image of the Credit Union.
- Achieve established goals for the Teller position.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- 1 year of customer service experience is preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to utilize a 10-Key calculator.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Desire to service members with professionalism and tact.
- Demonstrated a stable work history.
- Customer service / communication skills.
- Professionalism in attitude and member / team relations.
Other Job Requirements
Must be available to work weekends and on call availability to assist with scheduling
The physical demands or representative of those, which must be met to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office conditions.
- Extensive use of PC during day - utilizing continuous viewing.
- High amount of work flow to work efficiently, accurately and to maintain good member relations.
- Language skills require ability to talk to communicate on phone and in person; read and interpret documents such as regulatory, policy manuals and procedures.
- Must-have reasoning ability to convey detailed instructions in writing and verbally; problem solving to handle multiple situations and issues in a calm manner.
- Ability to hear normal conversations and receive information and converse with others.
- Will utilize a computer to perform daily duties and to prepare documents, using dexterity and hands for typing, physically moving and handling documents, etc.
- Ability to follow detailed and general instructions; basic math skills,