Make a difference with Washington County Bank. Washington County Bank is currently seeking a team oriented, positive and outgoing professional to lead our Personal Banking team.
Brief description of role:
Using sound banking and business practices, this individual will manage and lead the Personal Banking team and operations. He/she will also insure productivity and service for bank deposit and loan customers. Providing day-to-day management of the bank’s retail deposit products is also a primary responsibility.
Key accountabilities for this role:
- Lead, train, motivate, supervise and develop the Personal Banking team to ensure delivery of services using sound supervisory and managerial practices.
- Market deposit accounts and consumer loans to existing and potential customers. Process, close and monitor said loans.
- Train the Personal Banker team to market consumer and business deposit accounts. Train to market and service deposit accounts and ancillary products.
- Train the Personal Banker team to market consumer loans to present and potential customers. Train to process, close and monitor said loans.
- Coach, support, and assist with individual and team development in order to achieve departmental, bank and individual goals (including referring business, cross selling products, and promoting services).
- Prepare and conduct employee’s performance evaluations, delegating and directing the work of employees, maintaining accurate employee records, and handling employee/customer concerns and issues as necessary.
- Provide superior customer service, analysis and consultation for customers.
- Assist the CFO and Banking Relationship Officer on pricing strategies in order to maximize profitability and to ensure competitiveness.
- Ensure the Personal Banking team maintains compliance with all bank and regulatory policies. Verify that documentation is kept current, properly prepared and relevant.
- Participate in bank programs to maximize banking relationships in the community.
- Coordinate financial education through bank programs for customers and community.
- Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships.
Requirements needed to fill this role:
- High school education or GED.
- Proven leadership in areas of retail, lending, sales, and customer relationships.
- 5 years direct experience in new accounts/personal banking.
- Sound understanding of banking laws/regulations/compliance.
- The ability to train, lead and motivate.
- Ability to use basic office equipment (PC, typewriter, multi-line phone, fax, etc.).
- Ability to relate to customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to lead by example
- Have a professional image.
- Have excellent sales skills.
- Be detail oriented w/ excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and understand financial information as well as be able to analyze complex situations.
- Must possess the ability to remain calm and diffuse conflict and to make sound, logical decisions in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- 2 years direct lending experience.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.