Part-time Position = 10-15 hours per week
Starting Salary Range = Based on experience level
The heart of the facility and hub of information for everyone is our Welcome Center. This position directs all aspects of membership for the Y including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of facilities.
Membership Essential Functions:
· Answer phone promptly and direct call efficiently and effectively
· Use computer efficiently and precisely when handling registrations and payments
· Handle cash drawer accurately
· Complete new memberships accurately
· Keep towels clean and available to members
· Give potential members tours
· Perform other assigned tasks when needed
· Keep lobby and welcome center neat and clean
· Administer first aid to minor injuries
· Maintain a general knowledge of facility while on duty
· Open and close the facility, following the proper procedures
· Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Answer Phone in a friendly manner
- Provide helpful information over the phone
- Greet members as they enter and exit and build relationships
- Monitor doors effectively
- Provide friendly service to everyone
- Explain policies and procedures clearly and effectively
- Handle members concerns professionally and effectively
- Cooperate with other staff at the Welcome Desk
- Communicate with all staff effectively – transfer of shift
- Follow procedures and instructions of managers and team
- Share work load with other staff
· Show up promptly for scheduled work time
· Maintain a positive attitude in all situations
· Adhere to dress code
YMCA Competencies (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. 1 year of Customer Service Experience
2. Excellent personal computer skills and experience with standard business software.
3. Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
4. Typical training requirements within 90 days of hire include: completion of: Child Abuse Prevention; CPR/AED; Bloodborne Pathogens; New Employee Orientation; Listen First.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.